Writing Is My Savior

Writing Is My Savior


My writing has affected my life in so many ways. I'll try my best to explain them. 


*The Cons:

-The Time

-Writer's Block

-Doubt From Others

-Intellectual Loneliness


Time is very important to a writer. While I was writing my self help poetry book called "Go Along Way" it took years, I felt like giving up on the whole thing. But I'm so glad I didn't. If you're reading this and already have a love for writing, remember to keep going with your amazing work. When reaching a goal don't look at the whole journey all the time. Because it may make you feel like stopping the journey. 


When you're working on an ambition or goal you want to just peck at it. See each bridge you must cross one at a time. Work daily to the first bridge then to the second bridge. And cut your goal into task. And try to finish each task or 'Bridge' one by one. 


Finding time for a moment of writing is easy and sometimes hard. Especially with Writer's Block. 


Writer's Block

When you have Writer's Block try to just write anything. And start on from there. Usually this will turn that light bulb in your head on. Here's one I'm sure will work for Writer's Block. And that is a job. When I'm working at my job. Thoughts begin to flow much easier. 


Dreams you wake up from can also help with Writer's Block. You can take from the dreams a sense of inspiration and information. Pulling from this source is always helpful. You can even start a dream book. Which would help your writing skill in the process. 


Your social circle can also be a source of writing ideas. When in conversation often your mind gets insight on a particular topic. Type this idea in your phone if you don't have paper around. Explore the world in your area and learn from people about different topics. 


 Reading can also help you with your Writer's Block. When you re-read your work in progress. It will become fresh in your mind again. Making the writing simpler. 


Doubt From Others

A thing you have to know is that not everyone will be on board with you trying to pursue writing. People said I would never be an Author. That I was living in a fantasy land of pipedreams. But keep going and prove them wrong. 


Most times people will try to make fun of people and things they do not understand. So don't let that stop you. Keep writing and explore different styles to improve on your skills. When you find your voice everything next comes easy. 


Let the doubt from others make you want to continue. They'll be shocked when you make it. Just the way they did with me when I started. I noticed when people doubted me. It was just a projection. It shows more of their shortcomings than yours. People will hate you sometimes when you make it as a writer or any career really. 


Sometimes you won't understand why people dislike you. Some will not like you and the hate will be without reason or cause. 


Intellectual Loneliness

It can sometimes be lonely as a writer. Most people in this profession think way differently than others in our population. This can leave you feeling alienated and misunderstood. 


Trying to explain to people what it's like for me. As a writer who spends his talent on helping people with mental health problems. And they will often think you're bragging and you're not.


I often feel I'm thinking out of people's zone. I can be very eccentric and that makes me come off as odd and crazy. So when I find someone who has similar cravings for knowledge. I start to admire them. 


The Pros

Confidence

Respect

Purpose


Confidence 

When you're writing on a work in progress 'WIP' it's so fulfilling when you actually accomplish the publication. Writing makes you grow. The closer you get to reaching your writing goals the more rewarding it feels. 


There is nothing like that dopamine rush of seeing your first book in your hands. I myself have gained more confidence and drive since my book came out. I'm even much more assertive now that I know I can reach any goal. 


Respect 

When people find out I'm a writer and how young I am as a Black American Author they tell me about the respect they feel. Not many people have done that in my community. 


Folks love hard workers. I have had employers tell me they need a man with a work ethic like that. To have the motivation to work on something for years and make it become a reality. 


Purpose

Writing is my savior. It has given me purpose. I have had readers come to me and tell me I saved and changed their life. I have had a depressed teenage girl carry my book in her purse because it helps her when she's depressed. 


Having a blog and book that I have with the intention to help and heal others is a blessing. It's so rewarding helping people ease the pain in their minds and souls. 


Now when I work a regular job. It's easy and makes me not have disdain for my job I would otherwise hate. Because my funds are used for a purpose to build my writing career. And the writing is to always help others. 


Knowing I'm helping a person who is in a dark place find light makes me cry with joy. This gift I take seriously. This purpose gives me hope and meaning. 



https://rajerantatum.blogspot.com/2021/07/tics-anxiety-and-how-to-make-it-go-away.html




Comments

Popular Posts