Trauma and Healing

 Trauma and its Effect on outcome


The definition of trauma in the dictionary is .

"a deeply distressing or disturbing experience"


Intro


These experiences shape the way you are today. How you react. How you help. And much more. 

With having trauma you have to learn how to control the anger and pain. Many times I have met people, good people. But their triggers can bring out the ugly in them. 



Knowing Triggers

You have to know your triggers. When someone triggers your emotional response. Learn to not get too angry at them. They do not understand. When I have reminders of my own trauma. I think of old memories, peaceful memories that are now nostalgic. 



Self Awareness

What's also really important is self awareness. So when a trigger comes. You can say ok I'm sad because of that. 'What kind of positive music or activity I can partake in?' A little tip on controlling angers is to see the person you are mad at and arguing against, as if they were in a really low dark place mentally. 



Pain Into Gain

When I started writing my published book "Go Along Way" I myself was in a dark place. All the advice in the book came from life experiences. And that is the choice you can make. Turn all the pain into something positive. Writing helps me feel at peace. When you write down your life in a journal. You get a track record on your behavior. 


This will help you understand yourself a little better. You'll see and read how your day was. And reflect on why or how you felt that way   


And if you do feel melancholy. See a professional. Though mindfulness is important. Therapy mixed in with it will work wonders. Remember you got this. You will be stronger. 



-Rajeran Tatum *Author


Comments

Popular Posts