The Troubled Youth

 I Helped A Troubled Soul. At 16 I met this kid in the psych ward who was always irritable.  When I saw how he behaved. I saw a little of myself.  So he got angry one day and hit a wall. There was a whole piece of the wall missing. Everyone hated him because he was so short tempered. But one day I looked at the world from his view. Then what I realized was that he was just misunderstood, his whole life. Then he was being placed in a detention center for destruction of property. Then one day I walked up to him, and we began to speak. He cried. And said he was tired of people making fun of him. He told me how bad he wanted to see his baby.  "I told him to try to "be more optimistic about the small things in life." It will be perfect. "All the solutions will fall into place. We talked of the detention given to him from the wall incident  'I told him,treat your girl. Better than your own.' "You can't be in there longer than you have too" he smiled. His and his tears stopped. To my surprise the next day. He had left the psych ward we were in. The point of the story is that hurt people hurt people and that you never know what battles a person is facing. You could save a life just by being friendly and open with people. I know that I often dwell and think about compliments all day. Constantly replaying them for a mood lift and a boost of joy to myself. 

Comments

Popular Posts