Outgrowing Friends

 People talk about success. Like it's the one cure for all of life's sorrow. But it comes at a cost. I was in a dark place when I started writing my first book "Go Along Way". But I turned that negative into something positive. But what surprised me wasn't the success. But the hatred I got from following my dreams. And wanting to see men and women freed from the burdens of their mental health. What I found when I slowly grew more spiritual. And left behind habits. Was that even men and women, I grew up with no longer had things in common with me. I gave up drinking and getting high and my friendship faded. Hitting up the local bars no longer excited me. I wanted peace of mind. And that brought on hate. Good friends I had for over 15 years started to hate me. They no longer saw me as their friend Raj. But as a rival. Yet this opposition showed me I have to keep moving. I have to inspire other people who are like me. And ignore the hate. So if you read this and can relate. Keep going. The ones who really care will stay. And the fake people will weed themselves out. 

Comments

Popular Posts