Bipolar Shame

 Bipolar Shame

I have Bipolar 1 and I know the difference between how my medicated self emotions feel like. And me when I'm not on my mood stabilizers. When I'm not on my mood stabilizer I feel a natural high. I start to feel each thought pushing me higher. And a chill rushes through out my skin. The euphoria is intense. But that elated mood brings problems. Problems like irritable mood. I have felt the intense shame and guilt from the lashing out on friends and family I truly care about. That can really weigh down on the shoulders of someone with Bipolar Disorder. It's hard when you feel teary eyed from the rush of negative emotions. But the ones who truly know you, know it's not your fault. And trust me the ones who you spend time with are not holding anything against you. Stay on your medicine and stay up to date with your scheduled Psychiatrist appointments. Ask people around you do they notice any red flags of your Hypomania symptoms. How I notice myself is when I'm listening to music that pumps me up and sounds fast. So I then listen to soft calming music. Especially during mixed episodes. It will soothe the rapid thoughts. Thank You for reading 


Comments

Popular Posts