Mundane Moments

 Learning to get excited with the mundane. These moments are filled with a lack of excitement and dull moments. When I wake up my routine is sometimes boring. So when I'm up I sometimes will play a whole album of a new band to give the vibes a different feel. After that I reflect on happy moments from the past.

And I often have a reward or treat after I finish my task list for things to complete. Changing your mindset when working is key. And can help you out a lot. For example when I was a cook; I imagine myself hosting a house party. And the customers are like guests to show my hospitality to.

Doing that makes my day more pleasant and helps the time go by smoothly. I work hard but I'm seeing it as a little fun game. Again I'm taking it seriously. But view it as something playful. Even when working at a Salad Bar; I made it fun. Talked to different guests from all around the world like Germany and Ireland.

Doing things like talking to people helps the mundane become less dull and boring. And if you're an introvert, taking a walk listening to music may be what gives you solace. Ever wake up in the morning and you can tell it will be a perfect day. It's all on how you see things. 

Comments

Popular Posts