The Gift Of Empathy

 You never know what someone is going through. Everyone is going through some type of struggle. Life is hard for everyone. When I see people I can feel empathy towards them. People might not show or tell you about the grief and pain they have. But best believe it's in their minds and thoughts. 


It's been times where people have been rude to me. And sometimes angry towards me. I remain calm and don't yell back. I speak to them with dignity and respect. And I see their demeanor change from aggressive and tense. I have had angry coworkers actually apologize to me. And explaining to me that something negative is going on in their life.


When interacting with people like strangers you meet, really pay attention to what you're saying and how you are saying it. Tone of voice makes a huge difference. The older I get the kinder I interact with other people. It's really eye opening when you realize we are all the same. Everyone you meet has thoughts of images, memories and past trauma and pain. 


You can change a lot of things with people when you are more delicate with your words. Words really can hurt people, sometimes for years when their brain reminds them of certain scenarios of the past. Words also can help lift others up from a low point. Just think of the best compliments you have received from others. I bet you think about it for the whole day. And again sometimes for years. 


The tongue can be a weapon or blessing of hope. Check on friends and family every now and then and see how they are doing. That feeling of someone caring for them can brighten up their mood. And you will feel good from making others feel that way. Love is key. Without love you will have hate. And hate only causes pain and destruction. 

Comments

Popular Posts